Have you placed tactics ahead of strategy? Have you pumped out content without a plan? If so, you’ve likely blown budgets and poured resources into content marketing and social media—only to have them stall. You can escape this cycle by creating a content strategy guaranteed to drive engagement and business goals. Join this three-session webinar workshop to learn how it’s done. You’ll leave with a framework and proven templates you need to improve reach and results for all your content campaigns.
Session 1: Content Strategy and Planning
How to create a winning multichannel content strategy
This is where it all starts. Learn how to create a business plan for your content—a.k.a. a “content strategy.” Based on Dell best practices and CDW case studies, you’ll discover how to know what content audiences want most, how to build a content creation machine at your organization, how—and where—to distribute your content for optimal results, and how to measure your content’s success. You’ll also see examples to inspire and inform your own content plan—and walk away with the next steps you should take to build a future-proof, scalable content strategy for your organization.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- Key elements of a powerful content strategy
- Where to start: How to conduct a content audit
- How to determine what audiences want to read, watch and share—based on customer journeys or audience personas
- How to map content that attracts and engages these audiences—starting with your content value proposition
- Tips for creating and distributing your content across social media platforms, your own editorial vehicles and even print
- Templates to borrow—real examples of content strategies
- How to measure the value of your content
- And more …
Ryan Petersen is the senior manager of content marketing at CDW.
Sarah Luden is a global communications consultant at Dell.
Session 2: Real World Applications
Secrets of success: How Cape Cod Healthcare used the latest tools to become a prominent publisher
You’ve now learned how to create or update your content strategy. Join this session to learn how to apply these principles in real-world ways that drive clicks, traffic and ROI. You'll hear how Cape Cod Healthcare recently launched its digital platform for health content and then integrated that content across every platform at its disposal, from text and video to social media and advertising—and a few new channels it created. Join this instructional session based on this phenomenal case study to replicate that omni-channel content strategy success at your own organization.
In this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Build a brand journalism news site that reaches broad audiences without relying on mainstream media outlets
- Integrate your brand journalism content on your principal home page and related sites
- Revamp your intranet to deliver content to employees—and encourage them to share it on their social media networks
- Launch new social media channels to support your corporate storytelling—and to reach wider audiences where they live
- Coordinate storytelling with a broad-based advertising and marketing campaign
- Enlist third-party partners, paid and unpaid alike
- Add video to your content mix without breaking your bank
- Develop and launch a magazine for audiences that still value—and prefer—print
- And more ...
Robin Lord is communications director at Cape Cod Healthcare and managing editor of CapeCodHealthNews.com.
Kelly Ahern is digital marketing and social media specialist for Cape Cod Healthcare. @CapeCodHealth